Celiac Woman Welcome Message

Celiac Disease does not only affect the individual, it affects family, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends and co-workers.   While being a Celiac is definitely not a great thing, but at times a frustrating, disparing  and confusing for us but also for those who we engage with (unless a fellow celiac).   

You can feel ostracized and depressed or afraid to eat because you know what being sick (glutened) feels like.

I am fortunate to have the mother I have, as if it were not for her, I would be dead most likely from either a bad doctor or disease.

I was a pin cushion for over 8 years and it took my mother reading an article to get me to my Celiac Disease Diagnosis.  Then I got misdiagnosed (doctor nearly killed me, I was in bed for months) and then DNA tests diagnosed me again lol.

The most important thing I can impart to anyone dealing with a Celiac Disease, gluten intolerance or allergy diagnosis.  You will still be a celiac tomorrow but every day gets a bit easier in terms of people being educated and food options.  You are not alone, even though you may feel suicidal thinking about all the food you can’t eat and the pain you are going through BUT you are not alone.  No pun intended, always trust your GUT!!!!  If you feel your doctor is not doing what is in your best interest or tells you they don’t believe in gluten or celiac disease (which happened several times but I will get into that later)  TRUST YOUR GUT find a new Dr. and be your own advocate because even if you have a mother like mine, you are alone in this fight because you are your first line of defense, always. It also helps to have a really good best friend  who understands and will listen to you complain lol

Signed with love, hope, and hugs 🙂

Jesse, The Celiac Woman

“my body wasn’t built on lettuce, it was poisoned by gluten for years BUT I learned to make anything Gluten Free and allergen-free taste good SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!”

RSS